Download Windows 8 Developer Preview 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64).
The Windows developer center web page is now live and the upcoming version of Windows is available in the following ISO images customized for geeks and developers:
Windows 8 Developer Preview English, 64-bit (x64)
- Download Windows 8 64-bit (x64) — 3.6 GB
- Sha 1 hash – 79DBF235FD49F5C1C8F8C04E24BDE6E1D04DA1E9
- Includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 64-bit PC.
Windows 8 Developer Preview English, 32-bit (x32)
- Download Windows 8 32-bit (x86) — 2.8 GB
- Sha 1 hash – 4E0698BBABE01ED27582C9FC16AD21C4422913CC
- Includes a disk image file (.iso) to install the Windows Developer Preview and Metro style apps on a 32-bit PC.
Windows 8 Developer Preview with developer tools English, 64-bit (x64)
- Download Windows 8 64-bit (x64) with developer tools — 4.8 GB
- Sha 1 hash – 6FE9352FB59F6D0789AF35D1001BD4E4E81E42AF
- All of the following come on a disk image file (.iso). See below for installation instructions.
- 64-bit Windows Developer Preview
- Windows SDK for Metro style apps
- Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Express for Windows Developer Preview
- Microsoft Expression Blend 5 Developer Preview
- 28 Metro style apps including the BUILD Conference app
Windows 8 system requirements
This developer preview will work well in the same hardware specs that runs Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch