You’ll find a vast number of screen capture tools to use in Windows, but it’ll be hard to find one like PicPick. This tool has many options, built-in image editor that look really similar to Microsoft Paint, features a FTP client to upload your images, and best of all is FREE to use.
PicPick come with all the necessary features to save you time and money. This screenshot tool offers great set of options for both creating screen captures and editing images. You can choose from 8 different methods to take screenshots, and each of those methods can be customized with its own keyboard shortcuts. Also, you can configure shortcuts for different tools available in PicPick.
You can include or exclude the mouse cursor from appearing in the screenshot, select default folder path to save a screenshot automatically, and choose a file format and quality. Also PicPick has a built-in image editor, not complicated to use, with a FTP client to upload images to a remote server; you can annotate on images, add arrows and much more.
It does take some time to get used to this tool, you’ll find many little things that can be a little bit annoying when editing images — but there is almost not learning curve. For example, when trying to pixelate or blur something out, you first need to select the area and then apply the effect. When adding text, you need to stretch the dotted text-box enough so you can see the text being applied, if not it will seem like you aren’t adding any text. Or when you need to add a rectangle, by default it looks like a call-out, in this case from the Shapes menu, you’ll have to change the Fill option to No Fill. Although there are little things to get used to, overall it is a great screenshot tool for Windows that is worth trying and at the end it won’t disappoint you.
- Take screenshots of the entire screen, an active window, specific region of the screen, free hand, and more.
- Customize your own keyboard shortcuts — Using only the “Print Screen” key is supported as well.
- Add annotations to images: text, arrows, and more with the built-in image editor that includes a Ribbon style menu with many options such as color picker, color palette, pixel-ruler, protractor, crosshair and whiteboard.
- Resize, crop and rotate your screenshots anyway you like.
- Effects are supported as well. Blur, hue, sharpen, brightness, color balance, pixelate, and more.
- Screen magnifier to be more precise when capturing a screen.
- Sharing via FTP, Web, email, and even Facebook and Twitter.
- And much more!