This week on Pureinfotech: Microsoft opened the pre-order for Surface with Windows RT — you can reserve the tablet now, at the Microsoft Store (online or physical location) –, and we got the links for everything you need to know about the new device including prices and availability for different countries.
Did you noticed that Surface comes with Windows RT? What you may not know is that Windows RT share many characteristics of Windows 8, including the user interface, but it is not Windows 8. To understand what I mean check out the article that will help to make a better decision when purchasing your new device.
Also this week the software giant updated its software managers for mice and keyboards, consolidating the two with Mouse and Keyboard Center 2.0, bringing all in one place to configure devices. Plus the update also brings new gestures for the Microsoft Mouse Touch exclusive to Windows 8.
Last but not least, Firefox released version 16 and this week I showed you how to enabled PDF viewer, that way you won’t have to use a third-party plugin to view ebooks and documents on the browser. All this and more…
Here is all of what you might have missed:
- Microsoft releases Mouse and Keyboard Center 2.0, replacing IntelliPoint and IntelliType Pro
- Desktop Fun: Spectacular Skies theme for Windows
- Understanding Windows 8 vs. Windows RT – Would you settle for less?
- Surface: How to choose, overview and how it was made
- Microsoft revealed Surface RT prices: $499, $599 and $699
- First Microsoft Surface advertisement debuts in national TV [Video]
- Watch the Surface Street Art being created in high-speed [Video]
- How to enable PDF viewer in Firefox 16 [Step-by-Step]
- New Microsoft video: Windows 8 is coming 10.26.12
We need your input to help us bring you more great content:
Do you have a tech question, Windows errors, suggestion or some feedback? Ask in the forums.