Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- How to disable Facebook Home (Step-by-Step): Facebook Home is out for a limited number of Android phones, it is a fun experience, but it may not be for everyone. So this step-by-step instructions will help you to disable or remove the suite of apps from your phone easily.
- 5 reasons why you shouldn’t install Facebook Home: Although the Facebook phone software is a great idea, there are certain things you need to understand you are getting in the first version and how it will affect you personally. This article describes five areas that users should pay attention before making the decision to install the suite of apps.
- Microsoft is building a 7-inch Surface tablet with mass production coming later this year (Updated): The rumor has it that Microsoft is building a smaller version of Surface, a 7-inch tablet, but it could also be a 8-inch tablet. The strategy is to compete with the iPad mini and Nexus 7.
- Microsoft account to include two-factor authentication
- How to fix sudden high memory usage in Windows 8
- Windows 8 Start screen: more about All Apps, Search and Desktop
- How to create a USB recovery drive for Windows 8 while reclaiming disk space (Step-by-Step)
- How to unlink Skype and merge it with a different Microsoft account
- Desktop Fun: Waves panoramic theme for Windows 8/RT
There’s still more you might have missed, check them all here.
If you’re interested on knowing more about Windows 8.1 (Blue), check out our “Windows Blue” section with the new button on the sidebar.
I encourage you to leave me your comment with suggestions on what you are interested on learning, everyday reading, or feedback. For technical questions please use the forums.