Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Google Reader is doomed, here are your alternatives: The search giant announced this week that it will be retiring the RSS feed service, Google Reader, on July. But if you want to keep consuming content via RSS, here are some great alternatives.
- Tips to make LibreOffice more productive and compatible with Microsoft Office: For those user feeling that Office 2013 has a pretty steep price, LibreOffice is a great option and you can configure it to be very compatible with Microsoft Office.
- The official Twitter app for Windows 8/RT released [Updated]: The popular micro-blogging site finally released its first Twitter Windows 8 app, but there still much room for improvement. Check out the review and download it from the Windows Store.
- Dell introduces XPS 18: The newest portable All-in-One Windows 8 PC, price starting at $899
- Meet Microsoft’s Surface super-secret early prototypes
- Google Now is landing on Chrome for Windows – Here is how to enable it in Chromium
- Microsoft offer: Free Office 365 up to 6 months for students
- Desktop Fun: Beautiful and colorful Easter wallpaper collection
There still more you might have missed, check them all here.
I encourage you to leave me your comment with suggestions on what you are interested on learning, everyday reading, or feedback. For technical questions please use the forums.