Microsoft has released cumulative update KB3200970 as part of the November Patch Tuesday. The new update bumps the version number of the operating system to build 14393.447.
KB3200970, as with any other cumulative update, does not introduce new features or significant improvements. However, it includes a number of fixes regarding VPN, Task Scheduler, Wi-Fi connectivity, and adds more security improvements for Windows 10.
Fixes and improvements for Windows 10 build 14393.447
Here’s the complete list of changes included KB3200970 for Windows 10 version 1607:
- Improved the reliability of multimedia audio, Remote Desktop, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed problem connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
- Addressed issue with a scheduled task that doesn’t run in Task Scheduler.
- Fixed problem to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present.
- Fixed problem with Windows devices that disconnect from the Internet prematurely.
- Addressed issue to update the new Belarusian ruble symbol to Br and the new ISO 4217 code to BYN.
- Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Security updates to Boot Manager, Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Video Control, Common Log File System driver, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, packaging release management, authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, wireless networking, Windows shell, graphics, enterprise security, and Microsoft HoloLens.
Windows 10 build 14393.447 (KB3200970) for PC and Mobile is available immediately. The new update will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
You can download this update directly from Microsoft using these link: