On April’s Patch Tuesday, Microsoft is pushing out update KB4015217 for PCs running Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update (version 1607).
KB4015217 bumps the version number of Windows 10 to build 14393.1066. Microsoft also notes the release of build 14393.1083, but this update is nowhere to found. According the company, the new update is a security patch that adds a slew of fixes and improvements, but it doesn’t include any new features.
What’s new on Windows 10 build 14393.1066 and 14393.1083
Microsoft has announced KB4015217 in its support site, and it’s referred as “April 11, 2017—KB4015217 (OS Build 14393.1066 and 14393.1083)”.
Here are the new changes for this roll out:
- Addressed issue that was preventing the Camera application from saving a captured image when “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar” settings is enabled.
- Improved the Host Network Service (HNS) to support an overlay network driver for use on Windows Server 2016 to connect containers across hosts using Docker Engine in Swarm Mode.
- Fixed issue that was not allowing users to access online help content when clicking the help icon in various Windows applications, such as File Explorer.
- Addressed issue where displays turn off unexpectedly even when Turn off display and Screensaver are disabled in the power profile.
- Fixed issue where CredentialGuard-enabled computers joined to Active Directory domains submit two bad logon attempts each time a bad password is provided during a Kerberos-based logon.
- Fixed problem that increases CPU usage when IP forwarding or weak host is enabled.
- Addressed issue where some of the VPN drivers do not get migrated when upgrading the OS to Windows 10, version 1607.
- Fixed problem that causes virtual machines to fail during high I/O scenarios where the user may login multiple times.
- Addressed issue that was causing connections (after the 1st connection request) from a Remote Desktop Client to a Remote Desktop session to fail after upgrading from Windows 10 version 1511, to Windows 10 version 1607.
- Fixed problem that was causing the Command prompt to be not displayed properly through the serial console on headless systems.
- Addressed issue that was causing MDM enrollment failures on devices using Kerberos authentication.
- Fixed issue with rendering when a webpage contains a DIV element that has the contenteditable attribute.
- Addressed problem that causes text to disappear when you resize an Internet Explorer window when the encoding is Hebrew and any text ends with an underscore character.
- Fixed issue that was causing headless machines to not go into S3 sleep mode sometimes.
- Enabled warning message in Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) to alert administrators of a design change that may prevent the processing of a User Group after installing security update MS16-072 (KB3163622).
- Addressed an issue that was causing Windows Explorer to perform an endless, rapid refresh of a network drive that is mapped to a share, preventing users from performing tasks such as rename object.
- Fixed a memory leak in Internet Explorer when hosting a page that contains nested framesets, which load cross-domain content.
- Addressed an issue that was causing the print spooler service to hang instead of showing a timeout error when a connection between a bluetooth printer and the machine is lost during printing.
- Fixed issue that was preventing installation of a new printer driver that uses v3 printer drivers.
- Improved the reliability of Load Balancing/Failover (LBFO) whenever there is a resource rebalance, a device failure, or a surprise removal of a device.
- Addressed additional issues with updated timezone information, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
- Security updates to Scripting Engine, libjpeg image-processing library, Hyper-V, Win32k, Adobe Type Manager Font Driver, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Graphics component, Active Directory Federation Services, .NET Framework, Active Directory, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, Windows Kernel model drivers and Windows OLE.
Alongside, the latest update for Windows 10 version 1607, Microsoft is also making available KB4015219 for version 1511, which includes a few improvements, and bumps the build number to 10586.873. If you’re still running the original version of Windows 10, KB4015221 is now rolling out fixing a number of issues, and bumping the build number to 10240.17354.
How to download April 2017 Update for Windows 10
Windows 10 build 14393.1066 (14393.1083) (KB4015217) for PC is available immediately. The new update will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
For more details about the most recent Windows update, check out this list with release dates, KB and build numbers, and more.
You can download this update directly from Microsoft using these links: