Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 14936 as part of the Redstone 2 update, which the company plans to roll out early next year. The new update is available for PC and Mobile devices enrolled in the Fast ring.
According to the company, Windows 10 build 14936 doesn’t include any visual changes or new features. However, on this flight people using the Bash shell command-line utility will notice that the Windows Subsystem for Linux will install Ubuntu version 16.04. Users already running 14.04 will stay on this version, and they’ll need to upgrade manually.
What’s new on Windows 10 build 14936 for PC
The new update also fixes an issue with mapped network drives. You should no longer have Explorer.exe crashing contentedly. You can now use the keyboard to navigate the Settings app. And Microsoft finally fixed a problem with the Narrator and Groove Music.
Alongside the new improvements, Microsoft announced one new Edge extension called Turn Off the Lights, which is a small plugin designed to enhance your video watching experience.
Known issues for Windows 10 build 14936
- Optional components may not work in this flight.
- Tencent apps and games will cause your PC to blue screen.
sfc /scannowwill fail at 20 percent.
What’s new on Windows 10 Mobile build 14936
On Windows 10 Mobile, Microsoft is addressing a few problems with build 14936, including:
- Pin pad not being visible problem has been fixed.
- Certain phones no longer should experience problem with their SIM cards.
- Mobile Hotspot is fully working again.
- Certain devices like the Lumia 950 no longer shows error 0x80188308 or 800703ed installing this build.
- Action Center and notifications should work as expected.
- Certain older phones should no longer experience headset audio problems.
Known issues for Windows 10 Mobile build 14936
There is only one known issue on this flight: If you have your default storage set to a SD card for apps, installation of apps will fail with an error.
Microsoft has published the complete list of fixes and known issue for build 14936 at the Windows Blog.
Windows 10 build 14936 for PC and Mobile is available immediately through the Fast ring. The new preview will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.