Thanksgiving is almost upon us and you know what does means, right? Yeap! You guessed it, Black Friday is getting closer as well, and it is also time to start thinking on all the holiday shopping, what presents you are going to get to your friends, family, and don’t forget the most important present… Yours.
For this year’s Black Friday (2011) I have prepared some helpful tips and a list with awesome deals, which I think are worth to consider. Since this is a website about getting the most out your computer experience, here you will find great bargains on laptops, desktop computers, software and accessories to start planning your holiday shopping spree and get the most out of your money and time.
Black Friday 2011 camping out check list
I have seen over the years — OK! I admit it! I like to go Black Friday shopping — that many people don’t think of covering the basics to spend the night outside of the store. I think that is too bad because it ruins the experience and then they don’t want to come back anymore. Unlike those who do come prepared, that is when it’s kind of fun. So if you are planning to spend the night, after the Thanksgiving dinner is over, at your favorite store to buy that new laptop or a new big screen TV, you may want to consider packing and bringing the following:
- As you know this is going to be a long night, so you are going to need a lot of caffeine to stay awake — bring a thermos with a lot of hot coffee.
- Snacks and bottles of water. (Be good to our environment and use trash cans afterwards.)
- Do your homework! Check the weather and depending where you live, it may get cold — very cold –, so pack blankets, scarf, wool skull, jacket, long pants, and running shoes (this last one is must, you are going to need it to out run people in the store).
- Chairs are essentials, unless you want to spend the whole night standing or sitting on a cold floor.
- Entertainment is always a great idea: long hours without doing anything can make time go slower, bring a laptop (fully charged), games, music, movies, magazines, your Black Friday print outs, etc.
- Don’t forget to bring one or many friends to keep you company and to help you when the store doors open. Also you can assign them to look for stuff you want to buy, that way you can rush to the good stuff.
- Bring cash. Figure out in advanced how much money you are willing to spend, that way you will not end up buying unnecessary things or over spend.
Back Friday tips
- This year many stores are thinking on open earlier, even the night before, so if you already know which store you are planning to camp-out, check in advanced at what time they are going to open and at what time they are going to be handling doorbuster tickets.
- Let’s get the obvious out-of-the-way, if you are thinking on buying doorbusters items (high-value and short in quantity at the store), such as TV, laptop, desktop computer, etc., arrive early at the store! Many people even camp days before.
- When you arrive at the store, ask the people who work at the store for the location of the high-value items you are planning to purchase, that will help you later when the madness starts.
- About half hour before the store opens, gather all your stuff (chair, blanket, thermos, etc.) and put them away in your car, and get ready without the scarf, jacket or anything that could get on the way — it gets kind of crazy when doors open at the store.
- Don’t forget to keep an Ad magazine with you and make sure that the prices match with your recon prices. This can also help you to check all your items at the register when you are checking out — mistakes are always going to happen, so be prepared.
- Make sure that you are grabbing the right item, always check brand and model.
- Prioritization is key! Start by going for that one item you really want first and then go for the rest.
- At the check out, ask what is the return policy for Black Friday deals, sometimes they may differ from the everyday store policy.
- If you are buying and XBOX360, PlayStation 3, TV, or anything else and you need the cables to connect, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy them at your local store — this is rip off —, if you need a HDMI or any other type of cables, they are cheaper at monoprice.com any day of the week.
- Always remember to be safe out there and be respectful to others.
- Last, it is a day after Thanksgiving, so make the best of this day; have a great time and enjoy the weekend!
Black Friday resources
Here is a list of websites I would recommend you to visit to find out what is likely to be at your favorite store in Black Friday:
Also stores like Best Buy are already posting their Black Friday doorbusters deals in special web pages:
Black Friday deals to consider
- Solo Vector Slim Brief 16″ Laptop Case – $8.99
- Targus Urban II 16″ Laptop Backpack – $8.99
- Seagate 3TB FreeAgent GoFlex USB 3.0/2.0 External Hard Drive – $99.99
- Seagate 750GB FreeAgent GoFlex Portable Hard Drive – $59.99
- Acer 21.5″ HD LCD Monitor – $89.99
- HP 23″ HD LED Monitor – $119.99
- Belkin Dual-Band Wireless N Router – $39.99
- Netgear N600 Dual-Band Wireless N Router w/USB – $59.99
- Netgear Wireless N Router – $24.99
- Office Home And Student 2010 Product Key Card 1-Pc. License Software – $67.99
- Lenovo 15.6″ Laptop w/AMD Dual-Core E-300, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD – $179.99
- HP 15.6″ Laptop w/AMD Quad-Core AB Accelerated Processor 4GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB HD w/Radeon HD 6620G – $429.99
- HP 17.3″ Laptop w/Intel Core i7 Processor Turbo Boost Technology 6GB DDR3 Memory 640GB HD – $649.99
- Toshiba 17.3″ Laptop w/Intel Pentium Processor 4GB RAM, 320GB HD – $349.99
- Samsung 15.6″ Laptop w/Intel Pentium, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD – $299.99
- PNY 16GB SDHC Memory Card – $19.99
- PNY 8GB SDHC Memory Card – $12.99
- See all Best Buy Ad Scan for Black Friday
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2TB External Hard Drive – $74.99
- Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB Desktop Hard Drive – $64.99
- Acer 20″ LCD Monitor G205HV – $79.99
- Aoc 24″ Widescreen HD LCD Monitor 2436VWH w/HDMI Port – $149.99
- HP 23″ HD LED Monitor 2311X – $129.99
- HP Pavillion Desktop w/Intel Core i3-2120, 6GB RAM, 1TB HD (Model # P7-1110) – $449.99
- HP TouchSmart All-In-One Desktop w/AMD Dual Core A4-3400, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, 20″ Widescreen (Model # 3420-1030) – $599.99
- HP Pavillion Desktop w/AMD Dual Core A4-3400, 6GB RAM, 750GB HD (Model # P6-2021) – $349.99
- HP 15.6″ Laptop w/Intel Core i3-370M, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD (Model # 2000-354NR) – $389.99
- HP Pavilion 15.6″ Laptop w/AMD Dual-Core A4, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD (Model # G6-1B60US) – $399.99
- Toshiba Satellite 15.6″ Laptop w/AMD Dual Core E-450, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD (Model # C655D-S5337) – $299.99
- Toshiba Satellite 15.6″ Laptop w/Intel Core i5-2430M, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD (Model # L755-S5365) – $499.99
- See all OfficeMax Ad Scan for Black Friday
- Seagate 2TB Internal Sata Hard Drive – $69.99
- SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card – $15.99
- Lexar 32GB SDHC Memory Card – $29.99
- Logitech M310 Wireless Optical Mouse – $7.49
- D-Link DIR-601 Wireless-N Router – $19.99
- HP Pavilion desktop w/AMD Dual-Core A4, 6GB RAM, 1TB HD (Model # P7-1108) – $379.99
- Toshiba 15.6″ Laptop w/2nd Gen Intel Core i3 Processor, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD (Model # L755-S5366) – $399.99
- See all Office Depot Ad Scan for Black Friday
- Acer Aspire 17.3″ Laptop w/Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD – $498.00
- HP 15.6″ Laptop w/AMD E-350 Dual Core, 3GB RAM, 320GB HD – $248.00
- HP 17.3″ Laptop w/AMD E-450 Dual-Core, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD – $388.00
- HP Desktop w/AMD E450 Dual Core, 3GB Ram, 500GB HD, 18.5″ Monitor – $298.00
Ads source BlackFriday.info
Don’t want to wait? See today’s deals
If you are interested in some of the advertised products for Black Friday and you don’t want to wait or you don’t want to spend long hours outside in the cold on the middle of the night, here is a list where you can check today’s prices and good deals from our sponsors (click the product image to access the deal).
- Targus Urban II 16″ Laptop Backpack — $32.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Seagate 3TB FreeAgent GoFlex USB 3.0/2.0 External Hard Drive — $251.39 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Seagate 750GB FreeAgent GoFlex Portable Hard Drive — $128.25 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Acer 21.5″ HD LCD Monitor — $127.95 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- HP 23″ HD LED Monitor — $199.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Belkin Dual-Band Wireless N Router — $69.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Office Home And Student 2010 Product Key Card 1-Pc. License Software — $131.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- PNY 16GB SDHC Memory Card — $28.81 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- PNY 8GB SDHC Memory Card — $18.81 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2TB External Hard Drive — $179.55 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB Desktop Hard Drive — $129.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Aoc 24″ Widescreen HD LCD Monitor 2436VWH w/HDMI Port — $149.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- HP Pavillion Desktop w/Intel Core i3-2120, 6GB RAM, 1TB HD (Model # P7-1110) — $429.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- HP TouchSmart All-In-One Desktop w/AMD Dual Core A4-3400, 4GB RAM, 1TB HD, 20″ Widescreen (Model # 3420-1030) — $699.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- HP Pavillion Desktop w/AMD Dual Core A4-3400, 6GB RAM, 750GB HD (Model # P6-2021) — $516.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- HP Pavilion 15.6″ Laptop w/AMD Dual-Core A4, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD (Model # G6-1B60US) — $549.99 BUY ONLINE NOW!
- Acer Aspire 17.3″ Laptop w/Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD — $668.95 BUY ONLINE NOW!
Even more Black Friday deals
Beat the crowds, shop OfficeMax Black Friday Deals Starting 7AM EST Thanksgiving Day at officemax.com. Below are the 3 HOTTEST offers that will be available online 11/24. As always, officemax.com offers FREE SHIPPING on orders $50+.
- Save $130, Toshiba Satellite Laptop, only $299.99
- Only $7.99, Kingston 8GB USB Flash Drive, save $22
- Online Only -11/24 Only. Save $100, HP Photosmart Printer, only $49.99