Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- New Facebook News Feed, a revamped design focus on decluttering: Facebook unveiled a whole new News Feed this week, bringing a fresh new look to the social network and a handful of new features. Some of the new features include: bigger images, multiple feeds and a more consistent design.
- Watch This: Microsoft Surface Pro running Android: A member of Neowin’s forums was able to run Google’s operating system in a Surface Pro — touch and sound works flawlessly — and he has created a video to prove that it is possible. This is just a great ‘geeky’ video to watch.
- Office 2013 retail license now transferable to a new PC – Thanks to user feedback: After many users feedback, the software giant changed Office 2013 license agreement to allow users to transfer the software to a new PC, in the same way it was possible with Office 2010 — as long it’s done every 90 days.
- Staples trade-in program offers up to $400 for those buying a Windows 8 touchscreen PC: The electronic retailer is once again offering some money back for consumers upgrading to Windows 8 touchscreen PCs. This time Staples is running a trade-in program (“Trade up to touch”), which offers to consumers up to $400 for their old PCs as long they are working and meet some criteria.
- ASUS Transformer AiO an All-in-One PC running Windows 8 and Android coming spring 2013
- ModernMix brings Windows 8 apps to the Desktop [Review]
- Microsoft may cut Windows 8 license cost up to 75% to gain small-devices market
- Desktop Fun: St. Patrick’s Day green wallpaper collection
There still more you might have missed, check them all here.
I encourage you to leave me your comment with suggestions on what you are interested on learning, everyday reading, or feedback. For technical questions please use the forums.