Foursquare, the popular location-based social networking service, has now released an exclusive app for Windows 8, which of course is free and anyone can download from the Windows Store starting today. This is the first app of Foursquare designed specifically for large screens.
The Foursquare app for Windows 8 has everything you can expect from the service. Once the app is installed, you’ll be able to discover new places nearby such as restaurants or local attractions without even having to be logged in. But of course that the app shines when you’re logged in, which let you access to all your check-ins, options, and other personal information.
Navigation is pretty straightforward, you can swipe from the bottom-up or right-click to get access to the available app commands such as list, check-ins, or friends. Or you can navigate right and left to see a list of trending places and see locations on an interactive map with filters.
- Instant suggestion right from the start
- Full screen images
- Create list and save places
- Thumb-up or thumb-down places
- See trending, recently opened, or relevant nearby places
- Get directions, hours, and photos
- Check-in of course
- Category: Social
- Languages: English (USA)
- Age Rating: 16+
- Permission: This app needs access to the internet and location
- Price: Free
- Publisher: Foursquare Labs, Inc.
- Download: Get it from the Windows Store
- x86/x64 (Windows 8)
- ARM (Windows RT)