This week on tech, Microsoft officially talks about Windows 8.1 Update 1, a new update focus on keyboard and mouse customers. New rumor suggests a free version of Windows is in the works called “Windows 8.1 with Bing” and aims to combat Android and Chromebook devices, though nothing official has been said. Office 2013 Service Pack 1 is ready for download, but only for standalone installs, not for Office 365 subscribers.
Get to know all the changes, improvements, and features coming to Xbox One in March 11th system update. Get help from Bing to do your taxes quicker. And finally, Microsoft is experimenting with new ways to encourage customers to use its products. This time the company is offering 100GB of free cloud storage in OneDrive to all those who sign up for Bing Rewards and complete certain Bing activities. All this and more…
Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Microsoft to remove low-quality apps from the Windows Store to improve experience
- Free version of Windows could be a reality soon
- Bing quickly helps you to find IRS forms to do your taxes with valuable tips
- Use Bing and get 100GB of free OneDrive storage for a year
- Xbox One major update is coming on March 11th, but what’s in it?
- Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 now available for download
- Hands-on with Xbox One March update: improved Party and Friends (video)
- Windows 8.1 ‘spring’ update officially announced by Microsoft