Welcome to Pureinfotech: The Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you may have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Windows 8 upgrade prices are officially going up on February 1st: Microsoft announced this week that all its line of Windows 8 products are going back to its original prices. This means that the $39.99 upgrade that you pay today, it will cost you about $200 on Feb. 1st, and other products are going up in price as well.
- How to map SkyDrive folder in Windows 8/RT [Step-by-Step]: If you have a Surface RT or any other Windows RT device, now you can get access and upload documents from the File Explorer, something that was only possible with the SkyDrive app in Windows 8.
- Facebook Graph Search unveiled, it might just be the future of search: Facebook enters to the search business. The social network giant wants to transform the entire experience in which we look for stuff, and Graph Search will give users a new unique experience when searching people, photos, places and other content. Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, describes is “not web search”.
What you might have missed:
- Desktop Fun: African Wildlife theme for Windows
- Microsoft puts an end to the exploit in IE 8, 7 and 6 with Security Update 2799329
- How to restore your PC using HP System Recovery tool in Windows 8 [Video]
- How to improve Surface’s touch responsiveness with a simple Registry tweak
- Oracle’s Java update to fix security exploits released, but proceed with caution
Read the rest of all this week articles here.
Do you have a tech question, Windows error, suggestion or feedback? Ask in the forums.