This week on tech, Microsoft announces Xbox One at $399, but without a Kinect sensor, Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners will not longer be required to have an Xbox Live Gold membership to use many of the stream apps including: Hulu, Netflix, Internet Explorer, Skype, and many more. And free games with Gold for Xbox One will arrive in June.
Continuing with Xbox news, this week the software giant and 343 Industries revealed that “Halo 5: Guardians” will be available in 2015 and it’ll be exclusively for Xbox One.
New rumor suggest that Microsoft is working on a subscription-based operating system called “Windows 365”, which by the name we can assume it will similar to what Office 365 currently offer.
On May 20th, Microsoft plans to launch a new line of Surface including Surface mini and a very possible Surface Pro 3. I’ll be attending the event in New York City to bring you all the details, so stay tune. But you’ll also be able to follow the event as the company has decided to stream the event online.
This week new information surfaced that suggests that Microsoft is targeting Q2-Q3 time frame to release the first preview of Windows 9.
Finally, during a Microsoft Research presentation the company showed off the new Metro version of Office optimized for touch for Windows, and now you can get a glimpse of that is to come later this year. All this and more…
Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- This is Office optimized for touch in Windows (screenshots)
- Windows 9 preview in the works to release in Q2 2015
- ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ announced for Autumn 2015
- How to watch Microsoft’s live stream of Surface event on May 20th
- Microsoft delivers update for Windows Phone 8.1 developer preview
- Microsoft might reveal Surface Pro 3 at the Surface mini event on May 20th
- Free games with Gold for Xbox One program arrives in June
- Microsoft to start selling Xbox One for $399 without Kinect on June 9th
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday May 2014: 8 security updates and new deadline for Windows 8.1 users
- OneDrive to support music upload and streaming via Xbox Music
- Microsoft lifting Xbox Live Gold restriction for Netflix, Hulu, and other apps
- Windows 365 could be a subscription-based version of the operating system