According to rumors, the Lumia 650 will be the last mobile device Microsoft is building under the Lumia brand, as the company gears up to shift focus into the Surface Phone. We also have previously seen some leaks about the new smartphone, but Twitter user @evleaks has published an image rendering to what it seems is the official press image of the upcoming device.
For what we can see in the image, the device follows the design we’ve already seen on other Lumia devices, such as the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL.
The Lumia 650 is rumored to be a business-oriented Windows 10 Mobile handset and one of the most affordable Lumia devices. Below you see the technical specifications:
- 5-inch display (720 x 1280 pixels, 297 ppi pixel density)
- 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 200GB)
- 1GB of memory
- Qualcomm quad-core 1.3GHz Snapdragon 212 processor
- 8-megapixel back-facing camera
- 5-megapixel wide angle front-facing camera
- 2000mAh Li-Ion battery
- NFC support
- Weight 122 grams
- Thickness 6.9mm
- Height 142mm
- Width 70.9 mm
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP, Micro USB, GPS
- Exchangeable back cover
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor
Microsoft was supposed to launch this new phone on February 1st, but the release date has been delayed, but it’s likely the company will make the official announcement later this month.
Update, February 14, 2016: The article was updated to reflect the official technical specifications of the Lumia 650 phone.
Source @evleaks via Windows Central