On December 22th, Microsoft begins to roll out a new firmware update for its Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL phones running Windows 10 Mobile. The firmware update includes a number of fixes, stability, and performance improvements for the brand new handsets.
According to the Microsoft Lumia support page, the update is described as 01078.00027.15506.02005 – where the last two digits determine the specific device.
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Improvements for SD memory card support.
- Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
- Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
- Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.
It’s worth pointing out that the new firmware update (01078.00027.15506.02005) isn’t available for Lumia 550.
As always the firmware will download and install automatically, but you can always check for new update manually by going to Settings > Update & security > Phone update and tapping the Check for updates button. If you don’t see the firmware update, give it sometime and check back.