As part of May 2016 Patch Tuesday, Microsoft is now releasing firmware updates for its new devices, including the Surface Book and Surface Pro 4.
The May 10, 2016 firmware update for the Surface line doesn’t bring many significant improvements as we have seen last month, but users will see some improvements on Windows Hello through the new updated drivers for both front and back cameras on Surface Book and Surface Pro 4.
Below you can see all the updates coming with the new firmware update.
Surface firmware update for May 2016
- Intel driver update for AVStream Camera 2500
- Intel driver update for Control Logic
- Intel driver update for CSI2 Host Controller
- Intel driver update for Imaging Signal Processor 2500
- Intel driver update for Microsoft Camera Front
- Intel driver update for Microsoft Camera Rear
- Intel driver update for Microsoft IR Camera Front
Along with the new driver updates, Microsoft is also rolling out a number of fixes and improvements through a new cumulative update that brings Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile to build 10586.318.
The Surface Update History page for both devices also explains that the company is rolling out the firmware on stages, which means that not everyone will get the new updates at the same time. However, you can always go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and try manually forcing the download.
Source Surface Update History