Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 are finally out and so are the new Type Cover 2 and Touch Cover 2, which feature new colors, thinner design, more accuracy registering keystrokes, and backlit keys. But even more interesting there are touchpad gestures for both of the covers. Let’s go through what’s new:
New Type and Touch Cover 2 touchpad gestures
- View opp apps: Swipe in from the left side of the screen using the touchpad.
- Open Charms: Swipe in from the right side of the screen using the touchpad.
- Zoom in and out: Make a pinch and stretching motion with your fingers in the touchpad.
Surface original touchpad gestures and using the mouse (just in case):
- Scroll the screen: Use two fingers to slide up and down on the touchpad.
- Right-click: Do a tap using two fingers on the touchpad. This will also bring up the app command bar while in an app.
- Left-click: Do a tap using one finger on the touchpad.
- Moving mouse pointer: Drag a finger across the touchpad.