Microsoft is now rolling out firmware updates for its Surface Book 3 to improve the overall experience and resolve a slew of issues.
The update for Surface Book 3 is dated September 4, and it resolves stability issues with battery, fixes some power problems, improves Wi-Fi performance, GPU stability, audio performance, and more.
Surface Book 3 firmware update
The following improvements are available for Surface Book 3:
- Detection Verification – System devices 1.0.1287.0: Improves audio reliability.
- Surface Extension 220.127.116.11: Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability and addresses system bugcheck.
- Surface System Aggregator – Firmware 10.11.139.0: Resolves the stability issues during low battery scenarios.
- Intel Smart Sound Technology Audio Controller – System devices 10.24.0.3694: Improves device Sleep power consumption and addresses system bugcheck.
- Intel Smart Sound Technology OED – System devices 10.24.3694.245: Improves device Sleep power consumption and addresses system bugcheck.
- Surface System Telemetry Driver – System devices 18.104.22.168: Facilitates power and thermal related data analysis.
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network adapters 22.214.171.124: Improves Wi-Fi performance resuming from sleep and Miracast connection performance.
- Intel Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth 126.96.36.199: Resolves the issue with WiFi connection throughput and improves stability.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX – Display adapters 188.8.131.5292: Improves GPU stability and power consumption.
- DolbyAPO SWC Device – Software components 3.20602.651.0: Improves device audio performance and stability, and addresses 3rd party app compatibility and performance.
- Surface DTX – System devices 184.108.40.206: Improves connectivity and performance with USB Hub.
- 13 Inch – Surface Touch Firmware / 15 Inch – Surface Touch Firmware – Firmware 220.127.116.11: Improves Touch and Pen stability.
- 13 Inch – Surface Touch Pen Processor / 15 Inch – Surface Touch Pen Processor 18.104.22.168: Improves Touch stability and improves pen inking when palm is also on screen.
- 13 Inch – Dolby Device Extension 22.214.171.124: Fixes low volume output from internal speakers and improves audio reliability.
- 15 Inch – Dolby Device Extension 126.96.36.199: Fixes low volume output from internal speakers and improves audio reliability.
The update should download and install automatically, but if you have not received it, then you get it from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and try to force the download manually.