Microsoft is now rolling out a new firmware update for its Surface Laptop 2 and Surface Go with LTE connectivity running Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update).
The January 2019 firmware update is a minor update with system stability improvements, better support for the Surface Pen, and fixes issues with version 1803.
Surface Laptop 2
Here are all the new fixes and improvements in this new Surface Laptop 2 update:
- Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices – 22.214.171.124: Ensures reliability of Pen top button click on Surface Pen with no clip-on Windows 10 October 10 2018 Update, version 1809.
- Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices: 126.96.36.199 Enables firmware update to Surface Pen with no clip.
- Surface Integration Service Device: 188.8.131.52 Improves system stability.
- Surface ME – Firmware: 184.108.40.20622 Improves system stability.
- Surface System Aggregator: 220.127.116.11 Improves system stability.
- Surface Touch – Firmware: 18.104.22.168 Improves system stability.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware: 137.2439.769 Improves system stability.
Surface Go LTE
Here are all changes for the Surface Go LTE update:
- Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices: 22.214.171.124 resolves intermittent Pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip, post Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
- Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices: 126.96.36.199 enables firmware update to Surface Pen with no clip.
- Generic IO & Memory Access – System: 188.8.131.52 improves compatibility issue and enables update to Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
The update should download and install automatically, but if you have not received it on your Surface, then you can go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and try to force the download manually.