This week on Pureinfotech: The software giant, Microsoft, made many new changes and set the date to unveil Windows 8 ‘Consumer Preview’. Google released Chrome 17 with many new improvements. Like every week we have another great wallpaper collection. And Pureinfotech is giving away FREE software!
Microsoft Windows 8 ‘Consumer Preview’ has an official unveiling event date. The company has made some major changes to the operating system such as removal of the Start button, new Ribbon modification, power management improvements, and also the software giant already put together a list with all the applications that Windows 8 beta (Consumer Preview) is going to come preinstalled with.
Below are the links to all you need to know this week on the next version of Windows:
- Windows 8 ‘Consumer Preview’ preinstalled apps list revealed
- Windows 8 improved for power efficiency on apps ‘focus on the foreground’
- What’s new in Windows 8 build 8220 ‘Consumer Preview’
- Microsoft removed the Start button in Windows 8 ‘Consumer Preview’
Google released Chrome version 17, which is more secure and speedy, check the article to learn more about the change and to grab the download link — Chrome 17 stable released, now with better security and faster browsing.
Software Giveaway! Pureinfotech is giving away 5 copies of a great piece of software: PDF Converter Elite 3. This is an awesome PDF management tool that comes with most used functions that you can expect to create, edit, convert and manage PDF files. This is a great alternative to Adobe Acrobat and it is a lot cheaper. Read the article to learn more about this tool and don’t forget to sign up to enter the contest to win one of copies — [Giveaway] PDF Converter Elite 3 a great alternative to Adobe Acrobat.
Here is more of what you might have missed:
- Windows 8 on ARM ‘WOA’ to support desktop mode, but it will not run older apps [Video]
- Desktop Fun: Animal Affection theme for Windows 7 [Valentine’s Day Edition]
Don’t forget to:
If you have any tech question or suggestions contact us here!