This week on tech, on days after releasing Windows 10 to the public, Microsoft rolls out its first cumulative update for the operating system bringing needed fixes and improvements.
At Gamescom 2015, Microsoft made a number of big announcements coming to Xbox, including a new version of Windows 10 for the console, which should be available in November. In addition, we heard that the over-the-air TV DVR functionality, plus the ability to stream recorded content to Windows 10 devices is arriving next year. However, the feature will require an external hard drive in order to work.
Halo 5: Guardians will be available in October 27, 2015, and to celebrate the new release, Microsoft announced the limited edition Xbox One Halo 5-themed console with 1 TB of storage.
Finally, the game console is also getting an official Chatpad that connects to the Xbox One wireless controller. The Chatpad is available for pre-order now for $34.99.
Seagate announces this week that in partnership with Microsoft will start selling a new tiny 2 TB hard drive designed specifically for Xbox One and Xbox 360. The external USB 3.0 hard drive will release this month with a price tag of $109.99.
We have seen mockups, but this week we finally get to see the first image of the upcoming Lumia 950 XL, which unveils design and features of the phone.
Intel launches two new processors part of the sixth-generation of Core chips and they are designed for gaming computers. The new Core i7 6700K and Core i5 6600K are clocked at 4 GHz and 3.5 GHz respectively, and both are 91 Watts TDP.
This week, I also added a number of Windows 10 tutorials to deal with installation for users upgrading from Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, and even Windows Vista. The how-to guides will help you step by step with everything you need to know to jump to Windows 10 while avoiding common errors. I even added a simple tutorial to help users who need to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. Additionally, I added a guide to help you create your own custom color accent for Windows 10. All this and more…
Welcome to Pureinfotech, Weekly Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows XP/Vista
- How to create a Windows 10 USB installation drive using the ‘Media Creation Tool’
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1
- Xbox One DVR feature works only when an external hard drive is connected to the console
- How to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro edition
- Microsoft rolls out its first cumulative update (KB3081424) for Windows 10
- Intel releases sixth-gen Core i7 and i5 processors designed for gaming rigs
- Seagate has a new tiny 2TB hard drive designed for Xbox One and Xbox 360
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL images leak unveiling design and features of the phone
- Xbox One Chatpad keyboard accessory is now available for pre-order
- Xbox One Halo 5 limited edition 1TB console now available for pre-order
- Xbox One DVR feature with ability to stream to Windows 10 devices arrives in 2016
- Windows 10 for Xbox One will be available in November 2015
- Windows 10: How to create your own custom color accent
Support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases or use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page to donate. Thank you!
I’m always looking into ways to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.