Microsoft finally releases Windows 8.1 Preview to the masses for download during the BUILD conference in San Francisco. Get to know all the FAQs before installing the preview and learn how to fix some of the common errors many users are experiencing doing the install.
Also I wrote a Windows 8.1 guide to configure the new boot-to-desktop, desktop background on Start and all the new navigation properties. And finally we also looked at the new features in the Lock screen, which is far more capable than the previous version. All this and more.
Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- How to avoid nasty errors installing Windows 8.1 Preview
- Windows 8.1 Guide: Boot to desktop and all the Navigation properties
- Windows 8.1 Guide: Lock screen overview and new personalization
- Fix ‘The update is not applicable to your computer’ error upgrading to Windows 8.1 (update)
- Windows 8.1 Preview: important FAQs to know before installing
- Download Windows 8.1 Preview ISO image from Microsoft
- How to upgrade Windows 8 to Preview, to Windows 8.1 RTM
- Desktop Fun: Nordic Landscapes theme for Windows
- A workspace with custom PC built inside an incredible desk
Please support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases. Thank you!
Don’t forget to check our Windows 8.1 (Blue) coverage. For the latest, click the big “Windows 8.1 Blue” button on the sidebar.
I’m always working to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.