Windows 10 Mobile receives its first cumulative update to fix a number of bugs and other issues with the operating system. As we’re still waiting for Microsoft to officially release Windows 10 Mobile, the company dropped the first cumulative update for the mobile operating system.
However, unlike the desktop version, instead of describing the update as another Knowledge Base (KB), the software giant notes that the Windows 10 Mobile build number will now appear as 10586.29.
The company explains that users will only see a minor version difference because it’s only a cumulative update that contain fixes for the current build available for Insiders in the Fast and Slow ring.
In addition, Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.29 brings changes that enables new devices to participate of the Windows Insider Program, including:
- LG Lancet
- Microsoft Lumia 550
- Microsoft Lumia 950
- Microsoft Lumia 950 XL
Windows Devices Recovery Tool gets updated as well to resolve detection issues on the new devices.
What’s new in Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.29
- You will see additional improvements in upgrade experience, including devices with limited free space, map rendering on update, and RCS enabled device settings.
- Improved application backwards compatibility for Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight applications.
- Edge performance and stability has been improved. Auto-completion has been updated to allow user to more easily edit the end of the URL in the address bar.
- Additional Bluetooth stability improvements.
- We have resolve issues on switching the active cellular connectivity profile on Dual SIM devices.
- Data profiles are now correctly restored in the out of box experience that would prevent some devices from sending or receiving MMS messages.
The update is available immediately for Windows Insiders. The cumulative update will download and install automatically, but you can always go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to manually force the update.
Are you noticing any improvements on your phone after the update? Let us know in the comments below.