This week on tech, Microsoft resumes the Windows Insider program and begins rolling out Windows 10 build 10525 to the Fast ring of updates. The new build brings a number of changes over the previous official preview and public release, such as improvements on memory management and finally brings color to the title bar for File Explorer and desktop apps.
The Xbox app for Windows 10 gets updated to allow users to stream Xbox One games at 1080p 60 fps. However, the company warns that those wanting to use the “Very high” quality setting will also need to have a network that supports the stream – typically a wired connection or wireless connection that can handle the speed without buffering.
Also, this week it’s been unofficially confirmed that Microsoft is planning a huge hardware launch event in October. According to reports, the company is planning to launch the new Surface Pro 4, two premium Lumia phones: 950 and 950 XL, and the Microsoft Band 2, plus a number of new accessories for the Surface Pro 4.
Microsoft warns that with the official release of Windows 10, the company is changing the rules of how Insiders can activate and test new preview builds of Windows 10.
We also looked at how you can upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 and remain activated after the year offer expires.
The software maker rolls out August 2015, firmware update for Surface Pro 3 and Surface Pro 2 to improve the graphics performance on both tablets running Windows 10, but none of the other Surface tablet received a new update.
Microsoft’s Wunderlist app releases as beta for Windows 10, and Google gets into the home router business by making available for pre-order the OnHub (TGR1900). The new router aims to deliver faster Wi-Fi connectivity with an easy interface on a device that you won’t want to hide. All this and more…
Welcome to Pureinfotech, Weekly Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- How to upgrade to Windows 10 free even after the year offer expires
- How to activate Windows 10 Insider Preview builds post-public release
- Surface Pro 3 and Pro 2 August firmware update now ready for download
- Microsoft set to launch Surface Pro 4, Lumia phones, and Band 2 during October event
- Microsoft’s Wunderlist beta app for Windows 10 now avialable for download
- Here’s what’s new in Windows 10 build 10525: title bar color options, memory management, and more
- Google’s OnHub (TGR1900) router aims to deliver faster Wi-Fi and easy to use interface on style
- Windows 10: How to configure title bar accent color
- Xbox app for Windows 10 now supports 1080p 60 fps game streaming
- Windows 10 build 10525 now ready for download through the Fast ring
Support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases or use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page to donate. Thank you!
I’m always looking into ways to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.