This week on tech, build 9901, a private version of Windows 10, leaks onto the web on torrent and file sharing sites, allowing users to get a sneak peek of the new features Microsoft is working to introduce in January 2015, during the special press event in Redmond, Washington. Those willing to download the ISO of Windows 10 build 9901, can expect to test Cortana and see new changes for the Windows Store, Settings apps, and numerous changes in the UI.
Also new information revealed early this week could indicate that Microsoft is likely to release Windows 10 in early fall 2015.
Microsoft this week announced that it’s accepting Bitcoin for the purchase of digital goods, including games, apps, movies, and music from the Xbox, Windows Phone, and Windows Store.
Although, Microsoft made it clear that it won’t be releasing any more updates for Xbox One in 2014, during a Twitch stream, Microsoft’s Major Nelson, showed a Xbox One dashboard with transparent tiles. Feature we can only assume will be coming on a future update.
This week also, Microsoft began giving away 100 free albums through the Xbox Music app. The giveaway has a limited time, so you should download all the MP3 files as soon as possible. In addition, the company kicked off its 12 Days of Deals promotion, which offers a new technology product each day for a very low price.
This week MSN apps (Sport, News, Weather, Food & Drink, and Heath & Fitness) arrived to iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire OS.
Bing now integrates with Office with a new feature called “Insights”, which allows users to find more relevant information, because Bing search within Office analyzes the text in the document to provide the results.
An update this week to the Surface Hub app for Surface Pro 3, now brings an easy way to disable the Windows button. Windows 8.1 gets native MKV file support. And Microsoft said that users testing Windows 10 preview will be able to upgrade to RTM when available. All this and more…
Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Windows 10 build 9901 leaks unveiling improved Cortana, Settings, Store and more
- How to use Bitcoin to add money to a Microsoft account (step by step)
- Xbox One to get transparent tiles to let users see more of the background
- Microsoft Windows 10 (consumer) event confirmed for January 21
- Windows 10 likely to ship in early fall 2015
- Microsoft is giving away 100 free albums, including from U2, Rihanna, Eminem, and Katy Perry
- Microsoft brings its MSN apps to iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire OS
- Microsoft now accepts Bitcoin as a method of payment for digital purchases
- Microsoft plugs Bing ‘Insights’ search into Office to increase productivity
- Microsoft’s 12 Days of Deals list leaked, see all deals now
- How to enable OneDrive ‘Fetch files on your PC’ in Windows 10
- Surface Hub update lets users disable the Windows button on Surface Pro 3
- Windows 8.1 gets native MKV file format support
- Microsoft ’12 Days of Deals’: the list of deals (update)
- Windows 10 Preview to RTM planned to be an upgrade option, Microsoft says
Please support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases or use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page to donate. Thank you!
I’m always looking into ways to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.