On February 19th, Microsoft begins the roll out of Windows 10 Mobile build 14267 to the Fast ring of updates. Similar to the same version number for Windows 10 for PC, the new build of the mobile operating system includes a handful of bug fixes and several new features on Cortana and Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 Mobile build 14267 also marks a milestone, as it’s the first preview the software giant is releasing as part Redstone, the next major update for Windows 10, which is likely to roll out as two-part update — with the first update releasing later this summer.
Here’s what’s new on Windows 10 Mobile build 14267
- Music search: Identically to the desktop version of Windows 10, you can now open Cortana, tap the music icon on the top-right to let the assistant figure out the song that is playing — similar to Shazam.
- Work Flow: Microsoft’s Work Flow now works in the address bar of the Edge browser.
- InPrivate: Now it’s easier to open InPrivate tabs on Microsoft Edge. Starting build 14267, there is a new button to create a new InPrivate tab next to the new tab button.
Here’s what’s fixed on Windows 10 Mobile build 14267
- Microsoft fixed an issue where shape writing would ignore every second word when typing into a text box on a website in Microsoft Edge.
- After installing the Polish keyboard, typing a word that should be accented now offers the recommended accented word. For example – if you type the word “milosc”, it should properly autocorrect to “miłość”.
- The company have resolved an issue where you could not hide the navigation bar in Windows Phone 8.1 apps like WhatsApp, Twitter, Weibo, Flixster, and others.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where videos recorded onto SD memory cards would result in a large number of dropped frames.
- There should have improved app launch reliability, and certain crashes that were causing the phone to reboot are also fixed.
- Polished the Live tile animations and improved the logic for refreshing Live tiles.
- Microsoft has also made reliability improvements for keyboards with large dictionaries such as the Hinglish keyboard.
Here are the known issues for Windows 10 Mobile 14267
- Visual Voicemail notification and delivery is not working in this build, which causes devices to not receive any new visual voicemails.
Microsoft says that temporarily you should check voicemail manually by calling your voicemail to listen to any new messages.
You can call your voicemail within the Phone app by clicking “…” > Settings > “Change more settings for Phone” > “Call voicemail”; this will also leave the Voicemail call in your history to make checking voicemail easier.
The software giant also reminds customers that new Windows 10 Mobile “Redstone” builds will only be available on devices that originally shipped with the new operating system, which currently includes the Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL, Lumia 550, and the Xiaomi Mi4. However, the company promises that it will expand the availability to more phones in the future.
If you have an eligible phone enrolled in the Insider program, you can go to Settings > Update & security > Phone Update and tap Check for updates to download Windows 10 Mobile build 14267.
Source Windows Blog