This week on tech, Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.11 to the Fast ring of updates with a number of changes and improvements over the previous build, and only two days after the same preview made it to the Slow ring, which indicates the company is getting closer to roll out the final version of the operating system to everyone.
Additionally, in preparation to the final release of Windows 10 Mobile, the software maker has published a new support page to help users learn what’s new in the operating system along with a bunch of guides to get you started with Windows 10 Mobile.
The software giant also rolled out a new cumulative update for the desktop version of Windows 10, and while the company didn’t fully describe what’s in KB3118754, a number of users have found that the latest update for Windows 10 version 1511 already enrolls computers in the Insider program to the “rs1_release” branch in preparation for the first Redstone build release.
On Xbox One, the standard wireless controller gets support for button remapping similar to the Elite wireless controller, but there are a few limitations.
If you’re still not on Xbox One for whatever reason, this week you might think differently and you may end up buying one, as Microsoft is currently offering a number of amazing deals. For starters, if you purchase one of the available bundles before the end of November 21st, you will also get a free extra game. You can choose virtually any game, including Halo 5: Guardians, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, and many more as long it’s $59.99 or less in value.
If the offer didn’t convinced you, as part of Black Friday deals, starting November 24th until November 30th, Microsoft is offering Xbox One consoles for $299. Even better, the company is also adding $50 discount on any of the new 12 Xbox One holiday bundles.
For unknown reasons, if you own an Xbox One, Resident Evil: Revelation 2 (Episode One) is currently available for free. We don’t know for how long, as such you want to hurry up and get the game while you still can.
Early this week, 343 Industries announced the first free content update for Halo 5: Guardians. The update is called “Battle of Shadow and light” and includes new maps, big team battles, new REQs, and general updates for the game.
Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 gets second November firmware update to continue resolving various issue in the new devices, including driver updates and system stability.
In case you ever get locked out of your own account, this week I added a new guide to help users reset their forgotten Windows 10 password without resourcing to third-party solutions or complicated hacks.
As you know, here in the United States, we’re getting closer to Thanksgiving, which also means that we’re also getting closer to the biggest shopping day of the year. Yes, I’m talking about Black Friday, as such on an effort to help you get the best deals, I have compiled a list with the most interesting deals you may want to get this year, from big screen TVs, to the best tablet, laptop, and video game deals, and much more. All this and more…
Finally, remember that Microsoft has already started its “10 days of 10 cent deals” on Windows 10, which are a bunch of great deals as part of the Black Friday season offers. Deals include, movie rentals for 10 cents apiece, 10 cent music, 10 cent games, and 10 cent apps through the Windows Store. Each deal is available for one day only, as such make sure to check the Windows Store for new deals from November 20th through November 30th.
- Black Friday 2015 best deals you don’t want to miss
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.11 (final) rolls out to the Slow ring
- Microsoft’s drops Xbox One price to $299 as part of its Black Friday promotion
- How to reset your Windows 10 forgotten password to regain access to you computer
- Microsoft begins to enroll Insiders to the Windows 10 ‘Redstone’ branch
- What’s included in the ‘Battle of Shadow and Light’ update for Halo 5: Guardians
- Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book get second November firmware update
- Windows 10 Version 1511 gets KB3118754 cumulative update
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10586 known issues
- Windows 10 Mobile build 10586 releases to the Fast ring with many fixes
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Episode One) currently free on Xbox
- What’s new in Windows 10 Mobile support page helps users get started with a lot of details
- Buy an Xbox One and get extra game, including Halo 5: Guardians or CoD: Black Ops 3 for free
- Standard Xbox One Wireless Controller gets button remapping feature
Support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases or use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page to donate. Thank you!
I’m always looking into ways to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.