On February 1st, Microsoft is pushing yet another cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile build 10586. This new update brings operating system from build number “10586.63” to “10586.71”, which also aligns the build number with the desktop version of Windows 10.
In this new cumulative update, the software giant announces that isn’t bringing new features, but it’s adding a good number of bug fixes and ensures that smartphones enrolled in the Insider program can continue to receive future flights.
The company also explains that with the February update is adding experience improvements on performance and reliability for users upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile — below you learn more about the new changes for this cumulative update.
What’s fixed on Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.71
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements.
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1 allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion. File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars, turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.
Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.71 is available immediately through Windows Update for those who opted into the Insider program for phones using the Windows Insider app. The update will download and install automatically, but you can always go to Settings > Update & security > Phone update and tapping the Check for updates button.
If you see any improvements after installing the new update be sure to tell us your experience in the comments below.
Update, February 4, 2016: Microsoft announces that is making available Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10586.71 to the Slow ring of updates.
— Gabriel Aul (@GabeAul) February 4, 2016
While the company hasn’t shared any new details, getting a new build in the Slow ring means that the code is stable enough for daily use, but not yet quite ready for primetime. As such, if you have been skipping previous flights because of bugs and things not working correctly, this might be the one build you may be feel a little more comfortable installing on your phone.
Source Windows Blog