This week on Pureinfotech, Microsoft decides to begin sharing more information about the updates it pushes, and now Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile have their own Update History website.
The software giant introduced a new ring of update for Insiders. Now users will have the option to test new flight with the “Release Preview”, in addition to the Slow and Fast rings.
Windows 10 version 1511 (non-Insider) gets another cumulative update to address a number of issues regarding authentication, Windows Store apps, Microsoft Edge, and more.
Windows 10 Mobile also gets updated to build 10586.107. The update doesn’t bring any new features, but it includes a few minor fixes and improvements.
Microsoft announces that Quantum Break has finally an official release date for Xbox One. The game is ready for pre-order now. Users will also get a free copy of the game to play on Windows 10 for free, and the company also announced the Quantum Break Xbox One bundle edition for $349.
On celebration for the “Safer Internet Day”, Google began offering 2GB of extra Google Drive storage for free for those users who take two minutes to perform a security check on their accounts. This is a limited time offer, as such, if you haven’t done the security check, you should do it now and score 2GB of storage in the process.
This week I also added several Windows 10 guides, including instructions to reset the Mail and Calendar apps when you come across syncing issues. I published a guide to reset the Windows 10 Store to fix a number of error codes, downloads, and other issues, and you also learn how to clear the cache of the Store fix stopped apps when they’re not installing or updating on your system. Finally, this week I showed you how you can automatic formatting option on Microsoft Word, when you only need a basic text editor.
- How to clear the Store cache on Windows 10 to fix installs and updates
- How to reset the Windows 10 Store to fix errors, downloads, and other issues
- Quantum Break on Xbox One and Windows 10 available on April 5; pre-order now
- How to reset the Mail app on Windows 10 to fix email sync and other issues
- Windows 10 Mobile has its own Update History site to track new changes
- How to switch your Windows 10 PC & phone to the ‘Release Preview’ Ring
- Windows 10 Mobile updated to build 10586.107 with few fixes and improvements
- Windows 10 version 1511 gets KB3135173 cumulative update
- Windows 10 gets its own Update History site to track new changes
- How to disable automatic formatting options in Microsoft Word
Support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases or use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page to donate. Thank you!
I’m always looking into ways to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.