Microsoft rolls out the first round of updates for Windows 8.1 Preview to deal with Internet Explorer 11, Google’s Picasa, robustness of data files and a few compatibility issues. Learn every little secret on the new Start screen changes, disable and customize Bing search on Windows 8.1, deal with antivirus compatibility issues in the preview update from Microsoft, and get to know a handful of new tips & tricks on Windows 8.1. All this and more.
Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Windows 8.1 Guide: Start screen overview and improvements
- Microsoft is letting Xbox 360 users test the new Xbox Live service and dashboard
- Windows 8.1 Trick: Quickly restart apps without going back to Start
- How to add or remove Folders from This PC on Windows 8.1
- Microsoft rolls out first round of updates for Windows 8.1 Preview and apps
- Dealing with antivirus compatibility issues in Windows 8.1
- How to personalize the Search experience on Windows 8.1
- How to close a modern app on Windows 8.1
- A workspace with a computer desk made from an old x-ray viewer
Please support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases. Thank you!
I’m always working to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.