This week on Pureinfotech: Microsoft announced that Windows XP, Vista, and 7 users will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 for $40, but just for a limited time; and people who installed Windows 8 Release Preview can participate in this promotion as well.
From the AppCatalog, tweak the right-click context menu in Windows and add new items to launch apps, websites, and folder locations faster. Also learn how to change your keyboard layout and if you aren’t a Windows 8 Metro style fan, this week I showed you how to go directly to desktop at login skipping the Start screen. All this and more…
Here is all of what you might have missed:
- Microsoft OK with Windows 8 Release Preview users upgrading for $39.99 to the final version
- Desktop Fun: Southwest Sandstone theme for Windows 7
- Bypass the Start screen and go straight to the desktop on login in Windows 8
- SharpKeys remaps your keyboard keys for productivity or fun
- Microsoft says upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39.99 if you’re running Windows 7, Vista or XP
- Speed up app launch and common tasks with Right Click Enhancer for Windows
We need your input to help us bring you more good content
Do you have a tech question, suggestion or some feedback? Send us an email at [email protected] or ask in the forums.