Happy Holidays and best wishes for 2013! — Thank you for being a reader of Pureinfotech!
This week on Pureinfotech: Learn how to set up your own private cloud service with tools built right into Windows 8 and get access to your documents, programs and desktop remotely and securely.
Twitter rolls out Archive your tweets option to all users, and Skype offers a free month of its premium VoIP service.
Windows 8 “Previews” expire in January 2013, this means that if you still running a pre-release of the Microsoft’s new OS and you want to save money upgrading, now it is the time to make the move — Read the article to get all the details and resources for a smooth transition.
The Germany-based company, 6Wunderkinder, released its new task manager application, Wunderlist 2. This is one of the best GTD workflow application and it’s been redesigned from the ground up with new features including desktop, email notifications, and now the application is also native to each supported platform.
Ready to track Santa on Christmas Eve? Earlier I showed you the Windows 8 NORAD app, but now because Google is flying solo after ending its contract of five years with NORAD, we have another way to track Santa with the search giant’s new tracking system for Google Maps as well as a Chrome extension and an Android app.
Finally, as we are days away from Christmas, we also are close to the end of another year, so we have put together a new great collection of wallpaper to welcome the New Year!
Here is all of what you might have missed:
- New Year Desktop Fun: Wallpaper collection 2013
- Windows 8 VPN: Remote access files and desktop, no extra software needed
- Ready to track Santa on Christmas Eve, but with Google Maps
- Wunderlist 2 Review : Easily manage tasks with an elegant UI across platforms
- Windows 8 ‘Previews’ expire January 2013, upgrade ASAP!
- Skype offering free premium service for a month to its users
- ‘Your Twitter Archive’: Time to download all your tweets [Updated]
We need your input to help us bring you more great content:
Do you have a tech question, Windows errors, suggestion or some feedback? Ask in the forums.