This week on tech, Microsoft removes 1,500 apps from the Windows Store and plans to keep removing more in recent efforts to protect users from “misleading” modern apps in the store.
Microsoft responds to Surface Pro 3 overheating issues and promise a fix soon. The software giant also releases fix to “Blue Screen Of Death” problem that forced the company to halt distributing its August update for Windows clients.
HTC One M8 for Windows appears in Amazon for only $49.99, which is 50% cheaper than buying the phone at the Verizon Wireless store.
Spotify updates its Windows Phone app and now offers free music streaming to Windows mobile users.
Surface Pro 3 launches in 25 more countries, now customers from China, UK, and 23 more markets can purchase one of the three models: Intel’s Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7. Also customers in all markets can pre-order the Type Cover, which will start shipping in September.
Windows Threshold news: This week on Threshold, new rumor suggests that Microsoft will update its next operating system at least once or twice a month, and it’s said that instead of releasing Windows 10, Windows 11, Windows 12, and so on, the company will focus on just updating Windows Threshold by adding features and changes, making versioning irrelevant for users.
Also this week new information confirms that Windows 9 will feature new interactive Live Tiles in the Start screen.
Merged version of Windows Phone and Windows RT without a desktop environment set to debut with its first preview at the beginning of 2015.
Xbox One September system update rolls out with TV integration, new media player app, and updated SmartGlass app.
Finally Seagate announces 8TB desktop hard drive breaking the 6TB barrier on rotating platters storage. All this and more…
Welcome to Pureinfotech: Tech Recap edition. Each weekend I will bring you a compilation of articles of the week, including how-to guides, features, tech news, and more. This is simply a list with a brief description of pieces you might have missed or you might just want to read again.
- Xbox One September update rolls out with new TV integration and media player app
- Seagate releases massive 8TB 3.5-inch hard drive
- How Microsoft is dealing with fake apps in the Windows Store
- Microsoft launches Surface Pro 3 in 25 new countries
- Microsoft fixes August Patch Tuesday with new KB2993651 update
- Microsoft acknowledges Surface Pro 3 overhearing issue and it’s fixing it soon
- Windows 9 to feature interactive Live Tiles and notification center in Metro 2.0
- How Microsoft is changing Windows updates with Threshold
- Threshold for Windows Phone and tablets rumored to debut in early 2015
- Spotify now offers free music streaming to Windows Phone users
- Good Deal: HTC One M8 for Windows sells for $49.99 on Amazon with contract
Please support my work and use this link for your Amazon purchases or use the PayPal button at the bottom of this page to donate. Thank you!
I’m always looking into ways to improve, but if you have any suggestions, feedback, or something you would like to learn, leave me a comment.