Microsoft has been keeping up with updates for Xbox One every month and today the company is talking about what’s coming in the August release. According to the company this is a big update focus on social and community, which makes the sharing games experience with friends a lot easier.
Here are all the update coming to the Xbox One in August:
- Activity feed: Gets new ways to interact with friends. The interface will change to a single long list that includes more content. Microsoft is adding the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on items. You can now share games clips and pretty much anything else publicly or privately. The feed will also push notifications if anyone likes, comments, and shares. The updated feed is always tailored to the user profile, that way you can see what your friends are doing. Finally, with SmartGlass, you can also see what your friends have shared to their activity free and “like” specific posts.
- Expanded Friends area on Home: In Home you’ll see your friends activity.
- Mobile purchase: You can now use Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com to purchase games Add-ons and they will automatically download in your console. (For this feature to work, you’ll need to have configured the console for automatic updates.)
- Low battery notification: A new notification indicating that your controller is low on battery will pop-up on the screen. According to the company this was a highly requested feature.
- Disable notifications during video: When you’re watching a movie or other videos, now you’ll have the option to turn off notifications.
- Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray app on Xbox One will enable 3D Blu-ray.
- OneGuide: Arrives to Brazil, Mexico, Australia, and Ireland.
- Last seen time in Friends list: Friends list now shows how long has passed since a friend has been online.
There is a lot more, Microsoft is working on the “backend” and they will ship in 29 new countries starting September.
In the coming days Microsoft will release the update for all those who are part of the “Xbox Preview Dashboard” to test what’s arriving in August.