Microsoft rolls out Xbox One build 15038 for consoles enrolled in the Alpha ring. The test update (rs2_release_xbox_1703.170214-2312) is part of the Xbox One Creators Update, and it includes a new streaming feature, bug fixes, and improvements
Xbox One build 15038, according to the company, officially brings Beam streaming to the game console. Cortana, system update, and networking fixes, and a number of known issues you should be aware of before installing.
What’s new on Xbox One build 15038
Beam is a live streaming service, similar to Twitch and YouTube Gaming, that gives viewers the ability to watch and interact with their favorite game streamers in real-time.
Starting on build 15038 for Xbox One, the Beam app will be installed by default, and this new flight includes a number of improvements, including:
- Camera can now be configured before starting a broadcast.
- Better visual cues to notify when a broadcast is stopped or paused due to switching games.
- Improvements for audio.
- Fixes for chat display and controls in the Guide.
- Stability and performance improvements.
This update released through the Xbox Insider Preview program brings additional fixes, including:
- Cortana: Fixed issue which caused Cortana to be too responsive to phrases which sound like “Hey Cortana”.
- System Update: When downloading a mandatory system update, selecting “Skip and go offline” should no longer cause the console to slowly become sluggish and unresponsive.
- Networking: Fixed an issue which caused Moderate or Strict NAT type.
- Sign-In: Fixed an issue which prevented the console from automatically signing in a profile with automatic sign-in enabled.
Xbox One build 15038 known issues
- Notifications: Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- Game Clips: After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed.
- Cortana: Long time to respond when activated while playing certain games. Scheduled reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user. Using voice dictation sometimes causes the virtual keyboard to become unresponsive.
- EA Access: App may show that you’re not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Screen Dimming: Screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps.
- Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
- Display & sound: Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional.
- Wireless Display: Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Xbox One Creators Update build 15038 will download automatically if your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update. Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates.