Microsoft Surface Pro 4 tablet is getting a new firmware update in May. This new release brings a number of driver updates to improve battery life during sleep, hibernation, fixes brightness issues, and it optimizes touch functionalities.
According to the company’s changelog in the Surface Pro 4 Update History support page, these are all new improvements and fixes:
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware: 103.1684.256.0 improves battery life during sleep.
- Intel Precise Touch Device: 184.108.40.206 disables touch when cover is closed, and improves stability.
- Surface Integration: 220.127.116.11 adjusts system Hibernation defaults.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML: 1.0.724.0 optimizes touch functionality.
- Surface System Aggregator: 103.1610.256.0 resolves screen brightness issue when device comes out of sleep.
- Surface UEFI: 106.1624.768.0 refines brightness settings.
- Surface Touch: 18.104.22.168 optimizes touch functionality.
The new May 2017 firmware update for Surface Pro 4 will download and install automatically. However, if you have not received the update on your Surface, then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and try to force the download manually.
- Surface Pro 4 | See at Microsoft