Microsoft integrates a new JSON file in the System32 folder to control features on Windows 11 and 10 to comply with the DMA, and anyone ...
Windows 11 (Sun Valley) is the next version of the desktop operating system from Microsoft is set to release on October 5, 2021. However, only new devices will get it first. Following the initial release, the new version will expand to other eligible computers, and then, it’ll be fully available in mid-2022. (Due to strong demand Microsoft made the OS fully available on January 26, 2022.)
Windows 11 is based on Windows 10, and it introduces the biggest changes in more than a decade. In this release, you will find significant UI changes for the Start menu, taskbar, Action Center, Settings, and File Explorer, including rounded corners, updated font, and consistent design across the entire system.
Also, there will be a new Microsoft Store app that will focus on easier usability for users and new ways developers will build, distribute, and monetize applications.
All Windows 11 related articles, including news, tutorials, editorials, and reviews, will be available in this section.
Windows 11 version history
Windows 11 release details
- OS: Windows 11
- Official name: Windows 11
- Version: 21H2
- Build: 22000
- Codename: Sun Valley
- Release Preview release date: September 23, 2021
- Initial release date: October 5, 2021
- Fully available date: January 26, 2022
- Start of service: October 5, 2021
- End of service: October 5, 2023
- End of service for business: October 5, 2024
- Price: Free
Windows 11 system requirements
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC) with two or more cores.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Hard drive: 64GB or larger.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- Graphics: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display resolution: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
- Networking: Microsoft account and internet for Home edition.
If the computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, it’ll still be possible to upgrade using the ISO file or Media Creation Tool. However, the device will need to meet some basic Windows 11 hardware requirements, including a 64-bit processor with at least two cores, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2.
- Download Windows 11
- Install Windows 11
- System requirements
- New features review
- Release date
- Unsupported state explained
- Prepare before upgrade
- Enable TPM & Secure Boot
- Clean install Windows 11
- Upgrade from Windows 10
- Upgrade from Windows 8.1
- Upgrade from Windows 7
- Uninstall Windows 11
- Features removed
You can now download the Windows 11 23H2 Tiny11 ISO to perform clean installation or in-place upgrade without bloatware or unneeded features.
Yes, Windows now has a mechanism to completely remove Microsoft Edge from the system, and here's how.
Microsoft Paint now includes a feature to remove backgrounds from images with one click on Windows 11.
Windows 11 now changes wallpapers automatically to get a fresh desktop experience every day, and here's how to enable the feature.
Google is working on some visual updates for Chrome, and here are the steps to try them right now.
Microsoft will soon make it easier for users to force Windows 11 to rescan and show available Wi-Fi networks.
Here are the steps to enable and configure the energy-saving Hibernate feature on Windows 11.
The new Windows App gives you access to remote and cloud PCs from Windows 11, 10, macOS, mobile.
Here are the differences between the virtualization features on Windows 11 and when you should use each one.