Here are four ways you can quickly determine if your PC has Windows 11 Home or Pro.
Windows 11 (Sun Valley) is the next version of the desktop operating system from Microsoft is set to release on October 5, 2021. However, only new devices will get it first. Followed the initial release, the new version will expand to other eligible computers, and then, it’ll be fully available in mid-2022.
Windows 11 is based on Windows 10, and it introduces the biggest changes in more than a decade. In this release, you will find significant UI changes for the Start menu, taskbar, Action Center, Settings, and File Explorer, including rounded corners, updated font, and consistent design across the entire system.
Also, there will be a new Microsoft Store app that will focus on easier usability for users and new ways developers will build, distribute, and monetize applications.
All Windows 11 related articles, including news, tutorials, editorials, and reviews, will be available in this section.
Windows 11 release date
- OS: Windows 11
- Official name: Windows 11
- Version: 21H2
- Build: 22000
- Codename: Sun Valley
- Release Preview release date: September 23, 2021
- Initial release date: October 5, 2021
- Start of service: October 5, 2021
- End of service: October 5, 2023
- End of service for business: October 5, 2024
- Price: Free
Windows 11 system requirements
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC) with two or more cores.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Hard drive: 64GB or larger.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- Graphics: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display resolution: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
- Networking: Microsoft account and internet for Home edition.
If the computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, it’ll still be possible to upgrade using the ISO file or Media Creation Tool. However, the device will need to meet some basic Windows 11 hardware requirements, including a 64-bit processor with at least two cores, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2.
- Download Windows 11
- Install Windows 11
- System requirements
- New features review
- Release date
- Unsupported state explained
- Prepare before upgrade
- Enable TPM & Secure Boot
- Clean install Windows 11
- Upgrade from Windows 10
- Upgrade from Windows 8.1
- Upgrade from Windows 7
- Uninstall Windows 11
- Features removed
If you have a PC running Windows 11 Home, you can grade it to Pro using an existing product key or through the Microsoft Store.
Are you planning to install Windows 11? These are the new minimum hardware and processor requirements.
Microsoft's low bounty payout makes security a researcher disclose new vulnerabilities on Windows 11, 10, and Server publicly.
2D emojis, including a Clipply emoji, are now available for Windows 11.
Microsoft Edge gets a new feature to enhance the security of the browser and block malware on Windows 11.
If you need to install driver updates or upcoming fixes on Windows 11, you can use the Optional updates settings, and here's how.
The update KB5007262 is now rolling out as a preview to address the Microsoft Installer issue on Windows 11.
Here are all the ways you can upgrade a computer to Windows 11 from Windows 10, 8.1, or even 7.
If you have a Surface Pro X or another type of ARM-based PC, you will need to upgrade to Windows 11 to run x64 applications.