Microsoft Security Essentials beta is now available for download.
The software maker, earlier this month, announced that by the end of the year a new version of its free antivirus software will be released, but not before opening the registration and delivering a beta version for testing, and today users that registered are getting the bits. As the development of Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) continue its path to the final version the company already stated that they are planning to include the following enhancements to the software:
- Enhanced protection through automatic malware remediation – The Beta will clean high-impact malware infections automatically, with no required user interaction.
- Enhanced performance – The Beta includes many performance improvements to make sure your PC performance isn’t negatively impacted.
- Simplified UI – Simplified UI makes Microsoft Security Essentials Beta easier to use.
- New and improved protection engine – The updated engine offers enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities.
If you are interested on participating on the program to try out and help to improve Security Essentials, you should sign up now on Microsoft Connect, because Microsoft is only allowing a handful of users to test the Beta program.
But also you can Download Microsoft Security Essentials beta (MSE) from different file hosting services:
- Microsoft Security Essentials beta x86 — http://www.filesonic.com/file/4043265454/mseinstall-x86fre-en-us.exe
- Microsoft Security Essentials beta x64 — http://www.filesonic.com/file/4043265434/mseinstall-amd64fre-en-us.exe