Sometimes updating to the latest software can brick your Lumia Windows Phone or something else may happen and the phone will just not turn on. In this case you can call support to have the headset repair, but there is an easier and less time-consuming path to recover your phone if you use the Nokia Recovery Tool.
The Lumia recovery tool is an application you install in Windows and it will help to quickly get the phone to a running state. Before doing anything you’ll need to get the software, below it’s the link to download the tool:
Now let’s get down to the actual steps to recover your bricked Lumia Windows Phone.
1. Make sure you’re running Windows 7 or Windows 8.x and download the Nokia Recovery Tool from the links mentioned above.
2. Launch the software
3. Connect your Windows Phone using a USB cable.
4. The software version you can install in your phone will appear, click Install.
5. Next, accept that your Lumia phone will be formatted, meaning that all the data will be erased. If you’re offered to backup data before proceeding, it’s recommended you do this step.
6. The process to recover your bricked Lumia Windows Phone will start. The process will take some time depending on your internet speed and hardware. At any point, please do NOT disconnect your phone.
After several minutes, the process should conclude successfully and you hopefully will get your phone back.
Supported Nokia phones:
- Lumia phones
- Asha and Series 40 phones that have USB interface
- Series 30+ phones that have USB interface
- Nokia X2 platform phones
- Symbian phones