With Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 almost ready for prime time, it comes the time to start learning its new features. One of them is getting some attention and the one we are going to talk about today, Tracking Protection; which is a feature that allows users to have greater control over how their information is being share between websites. There are a certain type of content on websites that can be utilized to track users activities as they are surfing the net and thanks to Tracking Protection in IE9, you can now control this kind of behavior, this way the information will remain private. You only need to subscribe to some Tracking Protection Lists from trusted Microsoft partners and you are ready to go. Keep reading to learn more.
Adding IE9 Tracking Protection Lists:
1. Start Internet Explorer 9 and visit Microsoft Tracking Protection Lists page, there you will find various sources where to obtain TPLs, all from well-known names like TRUSTe, EASY List, among others trusted sources.
2. Click Add TPL in to the list that you are interesting in and don’t worry, you can also use multiple lists.
3. Confirm by clicking Add List and you are all done!
Managing IE9 Tracking Protection Lists:
1. Now, to manage the Tracking Protection Lists, you can click the Tools button in the top-right corner, select Safety, and then select Tracking Protection.
2. From the Manage Add-ons window select the list and you can either disable or remove, or you can enable Your Personalized List and add your own rules.
If you would like to know more about the latest Internet Explorer 9 and where to download a copy, check out this article.