Microsoft is rolling out cumulative update KB3176938 for Windows 10 version 1607. The new release is a test update, and it’s only available for computers and mobile devices enrolled in the Slow and Release Preview rings.
KB3176938 bumps the build number to 14393.103, and includes a number of fixes and improvements that will eventually release to everyone running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
New changes on Windows 10 build 14393.103
According to Microsoft, the new cumulative update includes the following improves and fixes:
- Improved reliability of the Windows Ink Workspace, Microsoft Edge, File Server, Windows kernel, Microsoft Component Object Model (COM), Cluster Health Service, Hyper-V, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), NTFS file system, PowerShell, Internet Explorer, facial recognition, graphics, Microsoft Store and Windows Shell.
- Improved performance for the speed of purchasing Store apps.
- Improved battery life of wearable devices (e.g, Microsoft Band) while Bluetooth is connected and idle.
- Improved compatibility of using Xbox One controllers with various games.
- Improved support for new near-field communication (NFC) chips, and fixes an issue with app audio not resuming after ending a call on Windows 10 Mobile.
- Fixed problems with compatibility, Remote Desktop, BitLocker, PowerShell, Direct3D, networking policies, Dynamic Access Control (DAC) rules, Microsoft Edge, Connected Standby, mobile device management (MDM), printing, Fingerprint logon and Cortana.
- Fixed issue that prevents the download and initialization of .NET objects in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed issue with incorrect character mapping between Japanese and Unicode for the question mark (?) symbol.
Windows 10 build 14393.103 (KB3176938) for PC and Mobile is available immediately. The new update will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
Update, August 31, 2016: Microsoft re-releases KB3176938 for Windows 10 PC enrolled in the Insider program (Release Preview and Slow ring) bumping the build number from 14393.103 to 14393.105. However, build 14393.105 is yet not available for Windows 10 Mobile.
Update, September 7, 2016: Microsoft is now rolling out Windows 10 Mobile build 14393.105 to the Insider program (Release Preview and Slow ring).