Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update) is getting cumulative update KB3216755. The new update is currently available for PC and Mobile devices enrolled in the Insider Preview Release ring, but Microsoft will make it available to everyone in the coming days as soon as the update passes the quality test.
KB3216755 bumps the version number of Windows 10 to build 14393.726, and it’s an update that brings a number of fixes and improves the overall performance of the operating system.
New changes on Windows 10 build 14393.726
Microsoft has announced KB3216755 in its support site, and it’s referred as “January 26, 2017—KB 3216755 (OS Build 14393.726)”, and as with any other cumulative update this new release doesn’t include new features.
Here are the new changes for this roll out:
- Addressed known issue where users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
- Fixed issue that prevents users from connecting to a network.
- Addressed problem that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511 or 1607.
- Fixed issue that causes a file download from a web page to fail in IE and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- Addressed problem that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed problem that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone.
- Addressed issue where an XSS false positive prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
- Fixed issue that prevents the conversion of a 24-bit image to 32 bits.
- Addressed issue that causes LSASS to fail if Active Directory Federated Systems is using the Japanese language set
- Fixed problem that causes SCOM scenarios to fail
- Addressed problem that prevents user-built keyboard events from working.
- Fixed issue that causes incorrect table dimensions in SAP applications.
- Addressed issue that overwrites a <br> element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
- Improved reliability of Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Skype.
- Addressed additional issues with Bluetooth, Internet Explorer, engaged reboot, clustering, IE, Japanese IME, Windows Shell. Networking, storage, fonts, Xbox, encryption, Group Policy, Point and Print, wireless networking, virtual disk, disk operations, multimedia, Work Folders, encryption, enterprise security, deduplication, domain controllers, Audit File System, Debug Memory Manager, Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS), Remote Desktop, Task Scheduler, Microphone Wizard, .NET, font cache, system boot, and Surface Studio.
Downloading this Windows 10 update
Windows 10 build 14393.726 (KB3216755) for PC and Mobile devices is available immediately for those in the Release Preview ring. The new update will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
For more details about the most recent Windows update, check out this list with release dates, Knowledge Base and build numbers, and more.
You can download this update directly from Microsoft using these links: