Microsoft is now rolling cumulative update KB4016240 for those PCs running the newly released Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703). The new update doesn’t include new features, but it addresses a number of issues with the OS.
KB4016240 bumps the version number of Windows 10 build 15063.250, and it brings fixes to memory leak problem with Internet Explorer, and display issues when starting Windows 10 on an external monitor. This new update also promises to address an issue on apps and games in full-screen that causes a computer to become unresponsive. It’s now possible to disable the lock screen using Group Policy, and KB4016240 brings new improvements to Microsoft Edge.
What’s new on Windows 10 build 15063.250
Microsoft has announced KB4016240 in its support site, and it’s referred as “April 25, 2017—KB4016240 (OS Build 15063.250)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 Creators Update, this update will only address these issues with OS:
- Addressed problem where virtual machines that might cause loss network connectivity while provisioning IP addresses.
- Fixed issue that doesn’t initiate a remote ring on the device when RemoteRing Configuration Service Provider (CSP) is used.
- Addressed issue that causes users to get signed out from Web apps intermittently.
- Fixed issue with a very dim internal monitor that may occur when booting with the external monitor.
- Addressed problem where running Win32 Direct3D apps or games in full-screen exclusive mode causes the system to become unresponsive when resuming from Connected Standby.
- Fixed issue where when upgrading to Windows 10 Creators Update, with the system language set to Chinese.
- Addressed problem where a memory leak occurs in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed problem that prevents the lock screen from being disabled using Group Policy.
- Fixed issue in Windows Forms configuration options that caused antivirus to stop working at startup.
- Addressed additional issues with compatibility, IE, and Microsoft Edge.
How to download this Windows 10 update
Windows 10 build 15063.250 (KB4016240) for PC is available immediately. The new update will download and install automatically, but you can always force the update from Settings > Update & security > Windows Update and clicking the Check for updates button.
For more details about the most recent Windows update, check out this list with release dates, KB and build numbers, and more.
You can download this update directly from Microsoft using these links: