Microsoft has released firmware update for the Surface Laptop 3, and the update is meant to improve system stability and other different areas depending whether you have a device with an Intel or AMD processor.
The update for the model with an AMD processor was made available on July 2, and the firmware for the variant with an Intel processor released on July 9.
Surface Laptop 3 with Intel firmware update
The following improvements are available for Surface Laptop 3 with Intel processor:
- Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) OED – System devices 10.24.00.3694: Improves audio reliability with Netflix and Cortana apps.
- Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) Audio Controller – System devices 10.24.00.3694: Improves audio reliability with Netflix and Cortana apps.
- Intel WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network adapters 188.8.131.52: Resolves issue with WiFi connection throughput and improves stability.
- Intel Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth 184.108.40.206: Improves BT connection reliability when the device resumes from sleep.
- Surface – Extension – 220.127.116.11: Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during Wake On LAN scenarios and improves the overall stability.
- Surface Integration Service Device – System 18.104.22.168: Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability during authentication scenarios.
- Surface Display – Monitors 22.214.171.124: Improves the device color profile performance.
- Surface System Aggregator – Firmware 126.96.36.199: Improves Battery Lifespan Saver reliability.
Surface Laptop 3 with AMD firmware update
The following improvements are available for Surface Laptop 3 with AMD processor:
- AMD Radeon Vega 9 Graphics – Display Adapter / AMD Radeon Vega 11 Graphics – Display adapters 26.20.12055.1000: Improves external monitor resolution support.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware 1.2449.140.0: Improves system stability.
- Surface Integration – System devices 188.8.131.52: Addresses issues related to Boot Configuration options and improves error correction.
- AMD Micro PEP Device – System devices 184.108.40.206: Improves battery life.
- Surface – Extension – 220.127.116.11: Enables Surface Dock 2 update.
The update should download and install automatically, but if you have not received it, then you get it from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and try to force the download manually.
Pricing starts at $979 for the 13.5-inch base model with an Intel Core i5 processor, and the 15-inch base model with an AMD Ryzen 5 3580U processor starts at $1200.