- Surface Laptop 4 and first-generation Studio received a November update.
- The update improves stability, performance, and graphics.
In November 2021, Microsoft is rolling out updates for its Surface Laptop 4 and Surface Studio original model. In addition, during the months of August, September, and October, devices like the Studio 2, Book 3 and 2, Duo 1 and 2, Go 1 and 2, Laptop Go, Laptop 3, 2, and 1, Pro 7+, 7, 6, and 5 also received various updates. For more details, check the Surface update history page.
Surface Laptop 4 November update
These are the improvements with the November 2021 update:
- Improves device stability and resolves system bugcheck.
- Improves the Surface Dock 2 connection stability and interop scenarios.
In this update, Microsoft is updating these components, UEFI, System Aggregator, PD Controller, Serial Hub Driver, and Surface Dock 2.
If you happen to have a Laptop 4 with an AMD processor, then you will get these changes:
- Improves stability and device reliability.
- Improves graphic stability and performance.
- Addresses critical security vulnerability and improves system stability.
- Improves Surface Dock 2 connection stability and interop scenarios.
This rollout updates the following components: UEFI, PD Controller, System Aggregator, SMF, Intel Wireless Bluetooth and Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz network adapters, Serial Hub Driver, Integration Service Device, Surface Integration, Surface Dock 2, AMD Radeon Graphics, and AMD Crash Defender.
Surface Studio November update
Here are the November changes for the Surface Studio (first gen):
- Improves graphics stability and performance.
This rollout updates the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M bringing it to version 184.108.40.20696.
The update should download and install automatically, but if you have not received it, then you get it from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and try to force the download manually.