In case you have missed it, Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 quietly received updates for the month of September. While Surface 3 only received one firmware update, Microsoft released two firmware updates for its Surface Pro 3.
The first update for the Surface Pro 3 listed as “System Firmware Update – 9/15/2015” or “System Hardware Update – 9/15/2015” was a small update, which delivered driver update for USB 3.0 Card Reader (v10.0.10240.31217) to improve the system power usage when an SD card is inserted.
- Then just before September ended, Microsoft released a second firmware update listed as “System Firmware Update – 9/29/2015” and addresses and improves the following:
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v3.9.650.0) improves booting time experience and enhances the system reliability while docked.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.9030.41) improves the wireless network connectivity and stability.
- Surface Integration driver update (v2.0.1209.0) ensures when using a custom power plan that the selected plan will not revert to the default balanced power plan when installing a Windows Update.
- Microsoft Docking Station Audio Device driver update (v184.108.40.206) improves audio experience when no external speakers are connected to a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station so that Surface Pro 3 internal speakers are used.
- Management Engine Interface driver update (v220.127.116.117) improves the system stability.
Then for in September, Microsoft also released a firmware update for its Surface 3 tablet listed as “System Firmware Update – 9/18/2015” only for Surface 3 (AT&T 4G LTE) and Surface 3 (4G LTE) in North America (non-AT&T) with the following changes:
- Surface Modem Firmware Update (v18.104.22.168) improves mobile broadband network stability.
This update is available only for Surface 3 (Y!mobile 4G LTE) and Surface 3 (4G LTE) in Europe:
- Surface Modem Firmware Update (v1521.04.10.0) improves mobile broadband network stability.
All the updates released on September applies to Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 Update 1. In addition, if you’re running Windows 10 on your Surface 3 or Surface Pro 3, Microsoft has just released another cumulative update listed as KB3093266 to bring “improvements to enhance the functionality” to the operating system, but as expected the company hasn’t shared any specific details.
Finally, in the month of September, Microsoft didn’t issue any firmware updates for its Surface RT, Surface 2, Surface Pro, or Surface Pro 2.
Like always these updates will download and install automatically in your Surface tablet.