October Patch Tuesday did not release a firmware update for Surface Pro 3, but the company did mentioned that a future firmware was coming to the tablet to further improve the Wi-Fi connectivity and other fixes. Well today, if you own one of the third generation of the professional version of Surface, you can download the new firmware.
Although this new update is consider out-of-date, it is the second firmware Microsoft is making available for Surface Pro 3. According to the company the tablet gets the following improvements:
- Surface Pro UEFI update (v126.96.36.199) enhances the system stability, increases the reliability of the graphics display performance, and adds a status bar to the experience when applying future System Firmware Updates.
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v188.8.131.52) increases the reliability of sleep state transitions with a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station connected.
- Surface Integration update (v2.0.1168.0) addresses setting the Hibernate value in Windows 10.
- Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 – 9C14 update (v2.0.1151.0) addresses cases when the Wi-Fi adapter is not available upon resuming the system from sleep.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3059.117) improves Wi-Fi throughout, especially after rebooting with Bluetooth devices that are paired, enhances power consumption situations, and addresses instances of system instability.
The October Surface Pro 3 firmware is available immediately via the Windows Update, but it may not get to everyone at once. However, it doesn’t hurt checking, if you’re not experiencing any issues, you can let Windows take care of the update when it becomes available for you.