Microsoft is now releasing the first firmware update for its new Surface Pro X tablet running the custom Qualcomm ARM processor known as the Microsoft SQ1.
The firmware update is available for Windows 10 version 1903 or higher releases, and it’s meant to improve system stability and battery life.
Surface Pro X November 2019 update
These are all the improvements available for the Surface Pro X:
- Surface UEFI– Firmware: 3.444.140.0 improves system stability.
- Surface System Aggregator – Firmware: 220.127.116.11 improves battery performance.
- Surface Pro X Integration – System devices: 18.104.22.168 improves stability when in hibernation.
- Microsoft SQ1 Adreno 685 GPU – Display Adapters: 26.18.800.0 improves system stability.
- Surface Pro X Power Engine Plug-in Device: 1.0.0800.0 improves system stability.
The update should download and install automatically, but if you have not received it, then you get it from Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and try to force the download manually.
The Surface Pro X starts at cost $999, and it’s available now at the Microsoft Store and Amazon.