Microsoft makes available the Windows 11 2023 Update (version 23H2) in the Release Preview Channel with the same features as the ...
Windows 11 version 23H2 is the second feature update of the operating system set to launch during the fourth quarter of 2023.
The update will introduce new features, improvements, fixes, and visual enhancements.
In a nutshell, these are all the new features and changes for Windows 11 23H2:
- New Windows Copilot powered by AI.
- New File Explorer interface.
- New native RAR, 7-zip, TAR, and GZ support.
- Ungroup and labels for apps in the Taskbar.
- New Windows Backup app.
- New RGB lighting controls.
- New Home page for Settings with interactive cards.
- Virtual drives (VHD, VHDX, and Dev Drive) management from Settings.
- New Dev Home app for developers.
- Updated passkey experience with new management settings.
- Widgets with the option to disable the news feed and pin widgets to the desktop.
- Microsoft Store with AI features.
- Networking improvements in the Settings app.
- New option to hide time and date in the Taskbar.
- Updated Nearby Sharing interface with faster transfer speeds.
Windows 11 23H2 info
- OS: Windows 11
- Update name: TBD
- Version: 23H2
- Build: 22631.xxxx
- Codename: Sun Valley 3
- Release Preview release date: TBD
- Initial release date: TBD
- Fully available date: TBD
- Start of service: TBD
- End of service: TBD
- End of service for business: TBD
- Price: Free
Windows 11 23H2 requirements
- Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC) with two or more cores.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Hard drive: 64GB or larger.
- System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
- Graphics: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display resolution: High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
- Networking: Microsoft account and internet.
If the computer doesn’t meet the minimum requirements, it’ll still be possible to upgrade using the ISO file or Media Creation Tool. However, the device will need to meet some basic Windows 11 23H2 hardware requirements, including a 64-bit processor with at least two cores, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage, and a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2.
Windows 11 23H2 new features, changes, and related content can be found here.
Microsoft rolls out new features previously planed for version 23H2 into a moment update for Windows 11 22H2, and here's the reason.
Microsoft makes available an new update for Windows 11 with many of the new features expected to arrive with version 23H2.
Microsoft makes avoidable some of the new features that are part of the Windows 11 23H2 with the September 2023 update, and here's how ...
Microsoft releases part of the Windows 11 23H2 (2023 Update), and here's how to download and install it and get started.
Is it safe to install Windows 11 23H2? Yes, but you should proceed with caution as during the beginning, you may still come across bugs ...
Microsoft ships a new update of Windows 11 in the Release Preview Channel that enables many of the version 23H2 features.
Microsoft officially announces Copilot for Windows 11 and business customers.
Windows 11 23H2 will release on September 26, 2023, and here are all the details you need to know.
Microsoft will hold a new Surface hardware event on September 21, and here's how to watch it.